General terms of travel, valid for member agencies of CKTM
1. Travel arrangement content
The organizer of the travel arrangement guarantees the realization of the travel arrangement according to the travel arrangement content program. The content of the arrangement shall be carried out fully according to the way it was presented except in cases of external influence of a “higher power” which could not be foreseen (such as war, terrorist attacks, strikes, elemental disasters, transportation malfunctions etc.)
2. Admission, contract and deposit
An admission – contract is being signed until the moment all of the seats of the arrangement have been fulfilled by depositing a travel advance. The admissions can be submitted in the offices of Terra Travel or any other authorized agencies. During the admission the buyer need to deposit 30% of the total sum of the travel arrangement while the rest of the sum need to be deposited once the reservation has been confirmed 15 days before the actual arrangement takes place. In case, the client does not meet these terms of deposit, the agency shall consider that the client has canceled the travel arrangement and will charge the expenses caused by the canceling of the arrangement with compliance with Section 6: “the clients’ right to cancel the travel arrangement”. During the admission the client needs to sign in an admission-contract statement in which: “I declare that I am acquainted with the travel program and with the general terms and conditions which I accept”. By acknowledging this the general terms and conditions of the travel arrangement become an obligation for both the client and the service provider.
3. Price of a travel arrangement
The prices of all travel arrangements are published in Macedonian denars as well as Euros. All of the sums need to be deposited in Macedonian denars. Every request for additional services shall be charged accordingly. The service provider keeps the right to alter the prices due to the hotel, transportation, conversion and other fees and rates changes. In case the price of the travel arrangement increases for 10% of the initial sum, the service provider does not need the clients’ accord. In case the price of the travel arrangement increases for more than 10% of the initial sum the client has the right to breach the contract without having any obligation whatsoever in compensating the service provider.
4. Service description and categorization
The listed hotels and apartments are described according to the official categorization in the time of publishing the catalogue. The quality of the services is being standardized by the local tourism authorities. The standards of accommodation and services vary and are different depending on their locations and therefore are not subject to comparison. The service provider does not accept any responsibility for any kind of other written or oral information which is not in compliance with the description of the travel arrangements in the offered program.
5. Service providers’ rights regarding any changes in the travel arrangement program and cancelation
The services provider has the right to alter travel arrangement program (its content or duration) in cases of higher power or irregular circumstances which could not have been foreseen, avoided or removed. The client is entitled to reimbursement in case its services were not provided. In rare cases, when there’s no opportunity of accommodating the client in the reserved object, due to technical reasons or “over-booking” by the hotelier, the service provider shall accommodate the client according to the opportunities presented in the given moment, in an object of the same or higher categorization without any additional charges. The services provider has the right to postpone or cancel the travel arrangement in cases of insufficient number of clients needed to reach the minimum requirements of that particular travel arrangement. The service provider is obliged to inform all clients of the cancelation at least 5 days before the realization of the travel arrangement and is also obliged to reimburse the full amount of the travel arrangement after 8 days of the cancelation.
6. Clients’ rights regarding the cancelation of a travel arrangement
The client has the right to cancel his travel arrangement in any moment. The cancelation needs to be in a written form. The date stated in the cancelation in the written form represents a basis in the calculation of the cancelation fees according to the following timeframe:
- Cancelation of the travel arrangement 30 days before the departure is charged with 5% of the initial amount of the travel arrangement
- Cancelation of the travel arrangement 29 to 22 days before the departure is charged with 10% of the initial amount of the travel arrangement
- Cancelation of the travel arrangement 21 to 15 days before the departure is charged with 20% of the initial amount of the travel arrangement
- Cancelation of the travel arrangement 14 to 8 days before the departure is charged with 50% of the initial amount of the travel arrangement
- Cancelation of the travel arrangement 7 to 1 days before the departure is charged with 90% of the initial amount of the travel arrangement
- In case the client is not present at all or the travel arrangement is canceled on the departure day, the service provider has the right to charge the full amount (100%) of the travel arrangement
- In case of a pending reservation cancelation the service provider will charge the cancelation fees same as the amount of the deposit
If the client decides to change the departure time of a certain travel arrangement at least 15 days before the actual departure, if possible, the service provider will change the departure reservation and will only charge a manipulative fee of 10 Euros.
If the client cancels the travel arrangement due to reasons which could not have been foreseen, avoided or removed (disease, injury or death in the family, elemental disasters etc.) provided that the client will supply a written confirmation of the authorities in charge, the client will not be charged with any cancelation fees but only with the real fees that occurred as a consequence of the cancelation, which the service provider is obliged to pay without any right to refund.
The client has the option to insure him/herself of such risks at any risk company or at the travel agency. In such cases, where the reasons for the cancelation could not be foreseen but the client is insured, he/she is not obliged to the service provider to pay any fees.
7. Rights and duties of the service provider
The service provider is obliged to realize the services and the choices of the service executives as well as to take care of its clients and passengers according to the professional principles of tourism. The service provider is obliged to provide the entire program arranged services and will be held responsible in cases of no delivery or partial delivery of the services. The service provider will not be held responsible in cases caused of a higher power or the transportation services according to which the service provider is not responsible as stated in the international conventions. The service provider can’t be held responsible in cases of any kind of visa issues (failure to acquire visa, delayed issue etc.) if the failure or the delay was caused because of the appropriate embassy or any other kind or diplomatic or consular establishment. In cases of ID loss or theft the client will bear any additional costs that may arise as a consequence.
8. Rights and duties of the client
The clients are obliged to provide all of the necessary official and valid documents required for the travel arrangement both in his domestic and the foreign country that he/she’s traveling to. The client is obliged to act accordingly and respect the rules of the travel arrangement, the transport as well as the accommodation. In cases of non compliance of these rules the client is held responsible to the travel arranger and will pay any damage caused. The clients that intentionally broke any of the rules or conducts can be removed from the further arrangement program. The client is obliged to possess a valid passport at all times as well as a valid visa if needed. The client is obliged to be informed of any currency or customs regulations in his domestic or the foreign visiting country. During the travel arrangement the client is solely responsible for the well being of his/her official documents, luggage, money, possessions etc.
The client is obliged to adapt to the means of transportation and its organization according to the written rules and forms. When traveling by airplane, the client is obliged to verify his/her flight reservation 72 hours before departure, to check in an hour and a half before the scheduled flight time and also to be informed of the flight rules. When traveling by bus, the client is obliged to present a valid seat reservation and to check in with the service providers’ representative half an hour before the departure. The client is obliged to maintain the order in the vehicle followed by all traffic and safety rules and conducts. In cases of any kind of delay or presentation of invalid documents at the borders the vehicle and the service provider are not obliged to wait for the client more than the usual time.
The client has the right to carry a luggage of no more than 15 kilograms of weight, free of charge during a chartered flight and no more than 10 kilograms during a regular flight. For every kilogram above the allowed limit the client will be charged according to extra kilograms of weight. The charges vary according to the destination of the flight. Children that are freed of any charge for a bus or a plane ticket have no rights of carrying and claiming a luggage. The following items are not allowed to be transported and are not considered as a luggage: food, drinks, medicine, narcotics, chemical and other flammable items, weapons, animals, plants and so on. The client is solely responsible for the luggage. During the travel arrangement the client takes care of his/her own luggage. Due to this, we recommend that every client insures his/her luggage in an insurance company as well as our agency. The service provider is not held responsible in cases of luggage or other precious items’ loss or theft.
11. Healthcare and protection
The client is obliged to inform him/herself of the appropriate healthcare institutions and to follow any healthcare rules and regulation for the designated location (whether a certain vaccine is required or a valid healthcare document etc). In cases of an accident or a disease occurrence during the travel program all of the expenses for the treatment are the clients’ obligation. Therefore, as your service provider we strongly recommend that you acquire a healthcare insurance policy.
In cases where the client has not arranged any specific rooms or apartments the client shall accept any officially registered accommodation by the service provider that has been previously presented in the official catalogue or pricelist. If possible, the service provider shall attempt to accommodate the client according to his/her wishes and demands (room or apartment view, floor, comfort etc) however the service provider does not offer any guarantees. The usual room or apartment check in is at 14:00 hours whilst the occupation of the accommodation must be vacant by 10:00 unless otherwise specified.
13. Settlement of disputes
In cases of partial of no delivery of the arranged service by the service provider, the client has the right to be reimbursed only after the client has submitted a written complaint. Every client (the signer of the contract with the service provider) has a right to submit a written complaint or dispute to the service provider on the grounds of an undelivered service. The service provider won’t accept any group complaints.
The procedure of submitting a complaint
- The client should state the failure of delivering a service to the service provider or any of its representatives at the very spot of its occurrence. The client should cooperate with the service provider in a good and timely manner so the objection is removed as fast as possible. In cases where the client has been presented with a solution which is an adequate replacement to the complaint or dispute by the service provider but the client has rejected the offer, the service provider shall not be reimbursed.
- In cases the complaint or dispute is not resolved, a written complaint shall be assembled by both the service provider along with the client.
- After the end of the travel arrangement, the client is obliged to submit the written complaint not later than 8 days to the place where the travel arrangement was concluded. The written complaint assembled during the travel arrangement must be submitted as well. The service provider accepts only properly written and assembled complaints.
- The service provider is obliged to respond to the clients’ written complaint 14 days after the submission. The service provider has the liberty of postponing the response to the clients’ written complaint for purposes of completing the documentation and the information. The service provider will resolve only the disputes that could not have been resolved on the time of their occurrence.
- While the complaint is in the process of being considered, the client has no right to disclose any information about it to the any media or to press charges.
14. Court jurisdiction
In compliance with section 13 of these conditions, if the client is not satisfied with the outcome of the dispute he/she has the right to report the case in the court of honor of CKTM or the appropriate court of law.